Main Article Content
This research investigates the causes of work stress among public accountant in public accountant official of Yogyakarta. Specifically, it identifies role overload, family conflict and pay satisfaction. The research constitutes a correlated research with interview and questionnaires. Data for this research was obtained from a 5-points Likert scale questionnaire mailed to 60 public accountant. The statistical method for analysis and hypothesis testing employed in this research was multiple regression based on SPSS program. Results show that there was a positive relationship between workload and work stress. Meanwhile, family conflict and pay satisfaction factor were not related to work stress.
Licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License
- Collins, K.M. and Killough, L.N. (1992), “An empirical examination of stres in public accounting”, Accounting, Organizations & Society, Vol. 17 No. 6, pp. 535-47.
- Gavin, T.A. and Dileepan, P. (2002), “Stress!!! Analyzing the culprits and prescribing a cure”, Strategic Finance, Vol. 4 No. 5, pp. 50-5.
- Ghozali, I. 2008. Desain Penelitian Eksperimental: Teori, Konsep, dan Analisis Data dengan SPSS 20.0. Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro. Semarang.
- Gibson, Ivanchevich, Donelly, 1996, “Proses Struktur Perilaku Organisasi”, Edisi 8, Erlangga, Jakarta.
- Ivancevich, J.M. and Matteson, M.T. (1983), Stres Diagnostic Survey, University of Houston, Houston, TX.
- Kahn, R.L, D.M. Wolve, R.P Quin, J.D. Snoeck and R.A. Rosenthal. 1964. Organizational Stress: Studies in Role Conflict and Role Ambiguity. Wiley.
- Kreitner dan Kinicki. (2005). Perilaku Organisasi. Jakarta. Salemba empat. Larson, Lee Linda. (2004), “Internal Auditors and Job Stres”, Managerial Auditing Journal, Vol. 19 Iss 9 pp. 1119 – 1130
- Luthans, F., 2006, Organization Behavior, 6 th Edition, Mc. Graw Hill Book Company, New York
- Mc Clave, Benson, Sincich. (2011). Statistik Untuk Bisnis dan Ekonomi. Erlangga
- Motowidlo, Stephan J. Packard, Jhon S. Manning, Michael R. (1986). “Occupational Stress: Its Causes and Consequences for Job Performance” Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 71, No. 4, 618-629
- Pei, B.K.W. and Davis, F.G. (1989), “The impact of organizational structure on internal auditor organizational-professional conflict and role stress: an exploration of linkages”, Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, Vol. 8 No. 2, pp. 101-15.
- Rebele, J.E. and R.E. Michaels. 1990. Independent Auditors’ Role Stress: Antecedent, Outcome, and Moderating Variables. Behavioral Research in Accounting 2
- Robbins, Stephen P., 2008, Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies, Applications, Seventh Edition, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Clifts, New Jersey.
- Safaria, Ahmad dan Muhammad Nubli. (2011). Role Ambiguity, Role Conflict, the Role of Job Insecurity as Mediator toward Job Stress among Malay Academic Staff: A SEM Analysis. http://eprints.undip.ac.id/361172/Rosaputri.pdf
- Sanders, J.C., Fulks, D.L. and Knoblett, J.K. (1995), “Stress and stress management in public accounting”, The CPA Journal, Vol. 65, August, pp. 46-9.
- Sawyer, L.B. (1988), Sawyer’s Internal Auditing, The Institute of Internal Auditors, Altamonte Springs, FL.
- Schuler, R.S. (1980), “Definition and conceptualization of stress in organizations”, Organizational Behavior & Human Performance, Vol. 25 No. 2, pp. 184-215.
- Selye, H. (1976), The Stress of Life, revised ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, NY.
- Senatra, P. 1980. Role Conflict, Role Ambiguity, and Organizational Climate in a Public Accounting Firm. The Accounting Review 55: 594-603.
- Soeratno dan Arsyad, Lincoln. 2003. Metodologi Penelitian untuk Ekonomi dan Bisnis. Yogyakarta: UPP STIM YKPN.
- Suwardi. 2012. Dampak Stres Kerja Terhadap Kinerja Auditor Eksternal. http://itjen.kemdiknas.go.id.
- Wilson, J.A. and Wood, D.J. (1989), Roles and Relationships in Internal Auditing, The Institute of Internal Auditors, Inc., Altamonte Springs, FL.
- Wolfe, D.M. and Snoek. 1962. A Study Tension and Adjustment Under Role Conflict. Journal of Social Issue July: 102-12